Employer: Trident Seafoods
Location: Seattle, WA
Education: BA/BS or combination of education and experience
Deadline: May 1, 2015
The Sales Representative receives, investigates, and responds to customer inquiries regarding shipments, products and complaints. Expected travel to Alaska and overseas could be up to 50%. Written and verbal Japanese language proficiency is required. Resumes will be accepted until May 1, 2015.
- Informs customer of products, unit prices, shipping date, anticipated delays, returns and any additional information needed by customer.
- Receives and enters phone, EDI and fax orders.
Writes or types order form, or enters data into computer, to determine total cost of purchase for customer.
- Initiates tracers with carriers as necessary.
- Changes or cancels orders as necessary.
- Initiates orders for replacement product to correct errors (shortages, wrong item shipped, etc.)
- Receives and checks customer complaints and other feedback.
- Assists Trident Sales Managers to create a rapport that facilitates repeat business with our customers.
Performs other similar or related duties as requested or assigned.
Asia Sales Department Responsibilities:
- Maintains up-to-date inventory control information; runs regular reports.
- Travels to cold storages and production sites to perform product inspections; collects documentation and writes reports.
- Conducts market research including import/export information and consumption numbers; compiles gathered information and synthesizes into report for Sales team.
- Helps develop production plans, product forms, and sales categories.
Organizational Core Competencies:
Builds customer confidence by ensuring expectations and commitments are met. Establishes and maintains effective and positive relationship with internal and external customers. Acts with customers in mind, and values the importance of providing high-quality customer service.
Integrity & Trust:
Sets an example by consistently modeling high standards of honesty and integrity. Is widely trusted and is seen as a direct, truthful individual who presents information in an appropriate and helpful manner. Maintains a reputation for honesty, confidentiality, reliability and fairness. Is willing to admit mistakes, and doesn’t misrepresent him/her self for personal gain.
Getting Results (“Can Do” Spirit):
Performs work with energy and drive; values planning, but will take quick, decisive action when an opportunity presents itself.
Creativity & Innovation:
Injects originality into daily work and generates many new and unique ideas. Thinks “outside the box” and is seen as original and value-added in brainstorming ideas. Creates competitive and breakthrough solutions.
Collaborates positively to achieve team and company objectives. Works effectively within a diverse environment. Builds strong relationships with fellow employees, helping to support a contribution to overall company success.
- Five years’ sales experience in Japan preferred; or sales or purchasing management experience with Japan required.
- Superior customer service, excellent verbal and written skills.
- One to two years’ administration experience preferred.
- Previous work experience in data entry, logistics, inventory, and basic accounting desirable, but not required.
- Four year degree (B.A.); or up to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of email, spreadsheet software, word processing software and presentation software.
- Japanese language profiency required.
Full details on original job posting on Trident Seafood.