Link to full announcement: https://www.us.emb-japan.go.jp/jicc/employment/film.html
Vacancy Announcement: Film Coordinator
The Japan Information & Culture Center (JICC), Embassy of Japan, is seeking a highly motivated, team-oriented individual for the position of Film Coordinator. The main responsibilities of this position include coordinating the film screening events at the JICC as well as working with other organizations for film festivals and other events. Please see below for a more detailed list of responsibilities.
The Embassy offers group health insurance coverage, paid vacation, and sick leave. Working hours are 9 AM – 5 PM, Monday through Friday with weeknight and/or weekend events several times a month (paid overtime). Salary is commensurate with experience. The minimum basic monthly salary for this position is $3,200.
Please note: Candidate must be a U.S. citizen or a U.S. green card holder. Screening will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Only successful candidates will be contacted. All candidates will be subject to background checks and security clearance.
- Coordinate film screenings
- Track and analyze event attendance and feedback
- Assist other JICC staff in the organization and execution of cultural events
- Respond to public inquiries about Japan
- Support events, including receptions organized by the Embassy
- Other responsibilities as needed
Required & Preferred Qualifications:
- Fluent in English and advanced proficiency in Japanese.
- Deep knowledge and appreciation of Japanese culture
- Strong public speaking skills and experience delivering presentations
- High level of professionalism and respect
- Flexibility and resourcefulness
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills
- Highly organized and able to multi-task with varying deadlines
- Computer skills including experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Team-oriented self-starter
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- Email your resume, cover letter, and a copy of your university transcript(s) (need not be official) in PDF format to: email@example.com by July 12 (Friday).
- Please note in the subject line of your e-mail “Film Coordinator”.
- Please no phone calls. Due to the high volume of resumes we receive, we cannot guarantee consideration of your application if the submission instructions are not properly followed.