Institution: University of California, Davis
Location: Davis, CA
Education: not listed
Final Filing Date 10/11/2017
Requisition Number 03020149
The Blue Cluster is a large complex academic unit within the Social Sciences. It is comprised of the Departments of Economics, History and Military Science, as well as the following programs: Jewish Studies, Hemispheric Institute on the Americas, East Asian Studies, Poverty Research Center, Social Science Data Center, History Project, California History Social Science Project, and the Institute for Social Sciences. All are teaching and research units within the College of Letters & Science.
The Blue Cluster has 76 senate faculty, 10 Unit-18 & Continuing Lecturers, over 100 non-senate academic employees of varying titles per quarter, 20+ career staff, 160+ graduate students, & 2200+ undergraduate majors.
Under direction of the Business Office Manager, provide support to the Economics and History graduate programs. Serve and support faculty and graduate students with travel reimbursements, removal reimbursements, key and copy card distribution, textbook adoption, space and event coordination.
- Experience using organizational and time management skills to prioritize and coordinate multiple complex and detailed projects simultaneously. Establish priorities, work accurately despite constant interruptions and under pressure of deadlines.
- Experience completing financial information system transactions on-line, using standardized approaches and techniques defined within central systems.
- Interpersonal and communication skills to clearly and effectively interact with a diverse range of individuals and perspectives to research and secure information to resolve problems and recommend alternatives.
- Knowledge of travel and entertainment policy and procedures.
- Experience using a computer to create and modify spreadsheets and databases, word processing skills, such as, MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, PowerPoint and knowledge of automated financial systems.
- Analytical and critical thinking skills to anticipate/identify problems, collect/compare data to draw valid conclusions and establish facts.
- Event management experience in an academic environment.
- Experience with Aggie Travel, KFS and DaFIS Decision Support.
- Knowledge of policy and procedures regarding entertainment and travel reimbursements.
See full listing on HigherEdJobs