The Daiwa Anglo-Japanese Foundation is the leading UK charity supporting links between Britain and Japan. Our headquarters in London are on the south side of Regent’s Park near Baker Street station, and we also have an office in Tokyo. Core programmes include the Daiwa Scholarships, Daiwa Scholarships in Japanese Studies, grants, events and exhibitions.
The Programmes Assistant provides administrative and other support for the grants, scholarships and events programmes at Daiwa Foundation Japan House in London, giving general assistance to the Grants & Scholarships Officer and to the Programmes Director. This post also leads on the Foundation’s website and social media activity.
Candidates should be educated to first degree level and must be eligible to work in the UK. High-quality native-level English is required for this position. Candidates should have knowledge and experience of Japan, good organisational abilities and strong computer skills. Good communication skills and the ability to work as a team player are also important. Japanese language ability is not required, though it would be helpful. Having some experience with video production and livestreaming would also be helpful.
The Programmes Assistant is expected to work flexibly and to deadlines as part of a small team. He/she will report to the Director General. Salary c. £24k + excellent benefits package
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assisting with the sifting and assessment process for grant and scholarship programmes
- Assisting with day-to-day administration of grant and scholarship programmes, including use of a database for managing contacts and application forms
- Assisting with preparation for Foundation events and exhibitions, including research, proofreading and marketing
- Assisting with events – evening work required
- Leading on the Foundation’s web and social media activity, such as Facebook, Twitter and YouTube
- Maintaining and updating the Foundation website as necessary
- Helping to supervise interns
Please send a CV and covering letter to: email@example.com copied to: firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for applications is Friday 28 July 2017. Interviews will take place during the first two weeks of August.
More information: http://www.dajf.org.uk/news/vacancy-for-programmes-assistant-at-the-daiwa-anglo-japanese-foundation