Under the direct supervision of the Chief of Japan Information Center
- Monitor and analyze newspapers, radio, TV and other public and private media in 10 Midwest
- Research on media relations in 10 states including building a network of contacts for the JIC.
- Ensure implementation of the JIC’s media strategy as it is related to media outreach, and
promotion of priority issues and events, with a development focus.
- Conduct a survey of media relations issues in 10 Midwest states.
- General office responsibilities, including Japan-related inquiries, correspondence, IT affairs
(Facebook, twitter, newsletter) and event coordination.
- US citizen or permanent residency holder (working permit holder).
- Major in media relations, public relations, journalism, communications or related area will be highly desirable.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong computer skills (database knowledge is preferred).
- Languages: English and Japanese are the working languages in Japan Information Center. Fluency in oral and written English is required. Good working knowledge of Japanese is preferable.
Five days per week, from Monday to Friday, 9:15am-5:00pm each day. Occasional overtime.
Please submit a cover letter and resume by August 15. 2014 to:
Consulate General of Japan at Chicago
Japan Information Center
Attn: Mr. Koji Kaneko
737 N. Michigan Avenue, Suite 1000
Chicago, IL 60611
(Note) If necessary, in-person interviews would be held for the shortlisted applicants in late August at the Consulate. If you have any inquiry, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We won’t accept any inquiry via phone call.