Although the deadline for 2013 has already passed, DiversityAbroad.com offers annual scholarship for study abroad to undergraduate students. See the 2013 information below.
Diversity Abroad, in cooperation with the AIFS Foundation, will offer $500 scholarships for summer 2013 and fall 2013 study abroad. Five scholarships are available for the summer, and five are available for the fall. Economically disadvantaged students, first-generation, students with disabilities and ethnic and racial diverse students are strongly encouraged to apply.
Application deadlines are as follows: March 1st, 2013 Summer, and May 3rd, 2013 for fall 2013
Applicants must be full-time undergraduates at a university or community college based in the Australia, Canada, the United Kingdom or the United States. Economically disadvantaged students, African-American/Black, Asian, Hispanic/Latino, Multiracial/ethnic or Indigenous/Native-American, students with disabilities and first generation college undergraduate students are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be full-time undergraduates at a university or community college based in the United States. Students must participate in a study abroad program offered by a DiversityAbroad.com partner organization.
- Economically disadvantaged students, African-American, Asian-American, Hispanic/Latino, Multiracial/ethnic or Native-American undergraduate students as well as student who study in non traditional locations (Outside western Europe & Australia ) are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Have a minimum cumulative 2.75 GPA at an accredited U.S. university or college
- Be accepted to a study abroad, intern abroad, language immersion abroad or volunteer abroad program offered through a DiversityAbroad.com Partner Organization
- Be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident
- Must be willing to share their experiences abroad with the DiversityAbroad.com community via blogs, picture and videos (at least twice a week), participation in DiversityAbroad.com travel abroad forum and do a study abroad testimonial at the end of their time abroad
See application details at: