Working with the Associate Director for Research, faculty, and program leadership at the Shorenstein Asia-Pacific Research Center (S-APARC), the Communications and Outreach Coordinator will have responsibilities in the following areas: (1) manage and develop new content for the Center website; (2) write and edit Center-related articles, for print and electronic publishing; (3) provide editorial guidance and write feature content for six program websites; (4) manage and expand Center’s social media presence; (5) serve as liaison for on- and off-campus media; (6) represent the Center for Institute and University communications activities; (7) develop relationships with campus and external organizations; (8) assist Center Director with donor stewardship; and (9) oversee Center contact database.
- Bachelor s degree in International Studies, History or Political Science with minimum of 2-3 years of work experience.
- Strong writing, proofreading, and editing skills
- Knowledge of web-based communications, including website management and social media, and contact management systems.
- Proficiency in computing tools and applications, such as Microsoft Office, web authoring software, Adobe Creative Suite, basic audio and video editing software, and HTML.
- Ability to work autonomously, interact and communicate professionally with internal and external contacts, and exercise good judgment and discretion.
- Strong sense of ownership for quality.
- Good interpersonal and project management skills.
- Good organization, prioritization, and problem-solving skills.
- Experience working in a university or other large multi-tiered organization.
- Understanding of basic website and social media analytics tools helpful.
- Must possess an understanding of Asian cultures and the knowledge of Asian history, politics and policies desired.