Via JETWit.com jobs mailing list.
Institution: Consulate General of Japan in Atlanta
Location: Atlanta, GA
Language: JLPT N2
Posted: Feb. 4, 2013
The ideal candidate would be a team-player who works well with Japanese people; a recent college graduate or someone with 2-3 years work experience; flexible and motivated, with the ability to handle a wide variety of tasks; educational background in Japanese, English, Journalism, or Communications preferred; posses a strong interest in Japan, preferably with work experience in Japan through the JET Program or other organization or business; Japanese language ability (reading, writing, speaking) and excellent English language skills; and basic IT skills necessary for website updates.
• Recent college graduate, who is an American citizen or has permanent U.S. resident status, and wishes to work with Japanese people.
• Able to work full time (Monday through Friday, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm, with occasional overtime and weekends required).
• Minimum B.A. or B.S. degree. Japanese, English, Journalism, or Communications majors preferred. One year plus Japan work or living experience ideal.
• At least Level 2 Japanese Language Proficiency Test ability.
• Basic IT skills necessary for website updates preferred.
The Consulate General of Japan in Atlanta is an overseas establishment of the Government of Japan. The main function of our office is to protect Japanese nationals and economic interests, provide consular services and cultural exchange. The Cultural Affairs/Public Relations section of the Consulate provides information on Japanese government policies and views on current issues; provides tourist information for visitors traveling to Japan; administers invitational programs such as the Japanese Government Scholarship and Japan Exchange and Teaching Program to promote cultural exchange between the United States and Japan; and facilitates local festivals and coordinates exhibitions and performances of Japanese artists. The person hired into this position would work as part of a team to provide these services.
For details and to apply, see original post at the Consulate General of Japan in Atlanta.