UW-Richland invites applications for an Outreach Program Manager I position (working title: Outreach Program Manager of Continuing Education) in the Office of Continuing Education. This is a full-time, Limited appointment overseeing a variety of programming including credit and non-credit courses, College for Kids, Middle School U, YFU, Japan, and the Precollege Program. The Outreach Program Manager is responsible for maintaining a cost recovery program. This position works independently and reports directly to the CEO/Dean.
1. Prepare and manage the budget and the annual program plan for campus outreach in a cost-recovery model.
2. Assess the professional, cultural and academic needs of the community by working with advisory groups, community agencies, businesses, professional organizations and individuals, and respond with cutting edge programs.
3. Design, implement, coordinate and supervise all curricular activities (credit and non-credit) including course descriptions, course objectives, course content and course offerings.
4. Direct complete implementation of programming including registration, collection of fees, scheduling of facilities and equipment, the submission of all required reports and evaluations, and processing of CE payroll.
5. Work with University Relations, faculty, administrators, professionals, the general public and public officials, to market and promote continuing education activities.
6. Facilitate the continuing education extension function of the campus, assisting the campus to become the focal point of community service and cultural activity of the geographical area.
7. Design, supervise, and manage the curriculum of the Precollege Program and international programs.
8. Serve on appropriate campus committees.
9. Participate in appropriate professional development meetings for outreach program managers.
10. Perform such other continuing education duties as specified by the Dean.
Bachelor’s degree and computer proficiency required. Educational programming and marketing experience desired. Familiarity with Richland County is helpful in understanding community needs. Energy, creativity, organizational and problem solving skills as well as motivation to work hard are required. Hours vary and may include evening and weekends as needed.
The Outreach Program Manager for Continuing Education plans, coordinates, and directs continuing education programs, assisting the campus to become the focal point of community service and cultural activity of the geographical area. The Outreach Program Manager assesses the community needs, develops and oversees the budgets; proposes, plans, and implements and evaluates continuing education programming for the geographic area served by the college. This involves working closely with faculty, staff, students and members of the community to develop credit outreach and noncredit campus programming that meets the professional development, personal enrichment and lifelong learning needs of the local citizenry.
For full details and to apply, see original posting at University of Wisconsin’s website.