The Japan-America Society of Washington DC is pleased to announce the opening of the Tanaka and Green Academic Scholarship for the 2020-2021 school year.
Applicants should fill out the online application form and submit the following documents with the application form before the deadline of August 21, 2020. All documents should be included as attachments to the application and include the applicant’s full name.
JASWDC will not follow up if an application is incomplete. Failure to submit all required documents, or to fully complete the application, will render the applicant ineligible.
A complete application includes the following documents:
- (A) Proof of acceptance at a college or university in Japan and (B) certification that the proposed academic study is an official student exchange program of the college or university in the US. This can be a letter or notice from either the US home college or university or the Japanese college or university.
- School transcripts for the past academic year
In addition to these attachments, a recommendation form must be filled out by a professor or advisor at a student’s college or university in the US. The recommendation form will be sent to the recommender’s email address the applicant provides in the application once the completed application has been submitted.
Requirements for Applicants
- Must be enrolled full-time in an undergraduate or graduate school in the United States
- Must give proof of acceptance at a college or university in Japan as a full-time foreign exchange student for either one semester or one academic year
- Must give proof that the program in Japan is an approved student exchange program of the applicant’s home college or university in the US
- Must intend to return to the college or university in the United States
- May be majors in any subject, but must demonstrate that they have taken or plan to take academic courses related to Japan, whether in the US or at the Japan college or university
- Must be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States
Deadline: August 21, 2020
For more information: http://www.jaswdc.org/tanaka-green-scholarship/