|Responsible for promoting and coordinating education abroad opportunities for students, including advising students, supporting faculty in program development, and planning and implementing promotional and outreach activities on campus and in the community. The advisor serves as an integral team member and supports all efforts related to international education at UWL.
Education Abroad Advising:
• Advise students on opportunities, requirements, and application procedures concerning all UWL sponsored study abroad, exchange, and third party provider programs.
• Coordinate and support faculty led education abroad programs and maintain effective relationships with UWL faculty.
• Advise students and faculty leaders on health, safety, and other pre-departure procedures such as passport, visas, and other entry-requirements.
• Advise students and faculty leaders on UWL education abroad policies and procedures.
• Promote and develop opportunities for students participating in international experiences.
• Maintain international resource center, including the collection and organization of education abroad alumni experiences, program and travel resources, program literature, etc.
• Serve as curriculum integration liaison for UWL academic departments.
• Coordinate recruitment events such as Education Abroad Fairs, UWL class presentations, UWL Admissions events, and new student registration.
• Prepare program information, including promotional flyers, web pages and orientation materials in collaboration with other IEE staff.
• Coordinate and facilitate education abroad pre-departure and re-entry programming.
• Develop and support initiatives that enhance the UWL’s goal of campus internationalization.
• Participate in the selection and training of IEE student staff.
• Participate in the maintenance of the study abroad website and applicant information via Terra Dotta.
• Collaborate with international partners to coordinate program details; including, but not limited to: dates, fees, housing, application/registration of participants and transcripts.
• Provide support for education abroad activities including by not limited to: planning, developing, promoting, and evaluating students’ international experiences; assisting with the development of program budgets and student fees; assisting with flight arrangement; preparing financial aid budgets and other arrangements as necessary.
• Assist Director with new program development
• Assist with hosting international delegations on campus and in the community.
• Participate in campus and community activities, such as serving on committees and task forces as needed.
• Attend, present, and/or exhibit at education abroad conferences as needed.
• Travel to international partner sites as needed.
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor.