Digital Media Coordinator
The Japan Information & Culture Center (JICC), Embassy of Japan, is seeking a highly motivated, team-oriented individual for the position of Digital Media Coordinator. This individual is primarily responsible for supporting the JICC’s goal to promote a better understanding of Japan and Japanese culture through digital communications. Please see below for a detailed listing of responsibilities.
The Embassy offers group health insurance coverage, paid vacation and sick leave. Working hours are 9:00AM – 5:00PM, Monday through Friday, with weeknight and/or weekend events several times a month (paid overtime). Salary is commensurate with experience. The minimum basic monthly salary for this position is $3,200.
Please note: Candidates must be a U.S. citizen or a U.S. green card holder. Screening will be immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Only successful candidates will be contacted. All candidates will be subject to background checks and security clearance.
- Digital communications (planning and posting of weekly content on Facebook and Instagram; daily monitoring of social media accounts; content creation; manage website updates; procure images and videos and support video production, including use of YouTube; reporting of digital analytics)
- Internal communications (organizing photography and filmography of JICC events; drafting reports, letters, and emails for diplomats; assisting with cultural events and computer-related issues)
- Disseminating information on Japan to the public, including responding to public inquiries about Japan
- General office responsibilities, including assisting other JICC staff as the need arises
- Other responsibilities as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- Familiarity with web design & development (HTML, CSS, Java, Bootstrap, etc.)
- Professional use of social media
- Basic digital content creation
- Familiarity with analytics and reporting methods
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, and general design principles
- Flexibility and resourcefulness; ability to multitask, follow directions and take initiative
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills
- Japanese Language Proficiency
- Good understanding of Japanese culture, experience living or working in Japan
- Experience with photography and photo/video editing
- Knowledge of accessible web design
- Some communications, marketing, or public relations experience
Email your resume, cover letter, and a copy of your university transcript(s) (need not be official) in PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please also answer one of the following in a few sentences:
What is a marketing pixel and how is it used?
What is metadata and why is it important?
How is CSS different from HTML and why is CSS useful?
Please note in the subject line of your e-mail “Digital Media Coordinator”. Please no phone calls. Due to the high volume of resumes we receive, we cannot guarantee consideration of your application if the submission instructions are not properly followed. You can download a PDF copy of this job description and application instructions by clicking here.