The Consulate General of Japan in Detroit is seeking a highly motivated, team-oriented individual for the Research Analyst in the Political/Economic Affairs Section at the Consulate office in the GM Renaissance Center, Downtown Detroit.
Candidates must be a U.S. Citizen or U.S. Green Card holder. All candidates will be subject to background checks. Applicant must apply by February 22nd. (Accepting applications immediately and until position is filled.)
For immediate hire/ Starting from the beginning of March, 2018
The Consulate offers group health insurance, paid vacation and sick leave. Work hours are from 9AM to 5PM, Monday through Friday, with various weeknight and/or weekend events (paid overtime).
- Participation in consulate mission to strengthen U.S-Japan governmental and economic ties within the states of Ohio and Michigan; duties include:
- gathering, organizing and analyzing information on relevant economic and political issues conducting and maintaining annual Japanese Direct Investment Survey
- drafting speeches and official correspondence for the Consul General and Deputy Consul General
- Four-year university degree
- Ability to research, analyze and communicate political and economic topics
- High proficiency in database management, especially Microsoft Access and Excel, for the purpose of organizing and reporting large data sets
- High proficiency in data organization, layouts, mapping, image editing software, etc., for the purpose of creating PR materials and internal reports
- Good verbal and written communication skills
Submit resume, cover letter and three references with contact information by email to
Applications will be reviewed within two weeks of receipt; selected applicants will be contacted directly to schedule an interview