Institution: Miami University
Location: Oxford, OH
Education: BA required, MA preferred
Type: Full Time
Job ID: 5038
The International Student Program Coordinator will provide program and activity coordination for the Global Partner Summer School program, bringing international students to the Miami University campus and Oxford community for a cultural immersion experience. The coordinator will also promote the personal development of enrolled international students, including acquisition of skills needed to adjust in a new culture, and build an inclusive, welcoming, and vibrant environment at Miami University.
- Coordinate and oversee the Global Partner Program(GPP) and other summer/winter session international programming offered throughout campus, including GPP program recruitment and travel, in Asia.
- Develop, refine, implement, and coordinate effective programs for international students in collaboration with various partners across campus.
- Facilitate the development and acquisition of necessary skills to enable international students to effectively transition to the U.S. and Miami culture and succeed toward personal, academic, and professional goals
- Promote an institutional culture that celebrates diversity and intercultural learning
Survey level of student and partner satisfaction toward continuous improvement.
- Follow university policies and procedures related to purchasing, accounts payable, personnel, payroll, volunteers, payroll, and participant travel.
- Correspond with students, parents, faculty, and staff with diplomacy, discretion and judgment.
- This position requires attendance at evening and weekend activities during certain times of the year.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience with program planning and implementation for international students in a higher education setting.
- Computer and software knowledge and skills.
- Superior time management, organization, and communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Ability to work with a diverse population of learners and associates.
- Ability to manage complex and multiple tasks independently.
- Evidence of excellent attendance record.
- This position is not eligible for H1B sponsorship.
- Master’s degree.
- Chinese language proficiency.
- Experience developing, refining, and implementing effective international student retention strategies and programs.