From JETWit jobs Facebook group.
Please note, TUJ is able to sponsor a visa for this position.
Employer: Temple University Japan Campus
Education: not listed
Type: Full time
To be filled immediately, desired start date is June 2017
Department: Office of Student Services
Temple University, Japan Campus (TUJ) is able to sponsor a visa for this position
Overview of Position
The Office of Students Services (OSS) provides high quality services to TUJ’s diverse student population to support their success and wellbeing as they become members of the university community. OSS assists incoming students with student visa applications, financial aid, and housing, and organizes orientations to help students adapt to the academic and social life at TUJ. OSS also works with Student Government and other student organizations to encourage social interaction among students with different backgrounds by creating events and activities that appeal to all TUJ students.In order to support the increasing inquiries for study abroad program participation from our growing undergraduate population, TUJ is creating a new full-time study abroad coordinator position. The coordinator will work with offices at TUJ and on Main Campus in Philadelphia to expand existing services, localize the application process, promote study abroad and campus exchange initiatives, and support students throughout the application and pre-departure process.As a member of OSS the applicant will also be asked to support new student orientations, student activities and events, and other office initiatives.Please see our Student Services page for more details.
- Work with related departments at TUJ and at Main Campus in Philadelphia to support students interested in studying abroad. Work with existing Main Campus study abroad exchange partners to develop relationships with TUJ and promote programs between universities.
- Develop materials for study abroad applications, promotion, departure orientation, and study abroad information sessions; develop content for promoting study abroad on TUJ’s website, and update website as needed.
- Work with Main Campus and TUJ-related departments to enhance services for students preparing to study at Main Campus
- New Student Orientation
- Student activities
- Departmental initiatives
Qualifications & Experience
- Bilingual in English and Japanese (written and spoken)
- Study abroad experience
- Strong communication / interpersonal skills
- Ability to work some nights and/or weekends for student trips
- Strong PC skills (database, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Working knowledge of CRM systems a plus
- Work experience in higher education and/or study abroad a plus
For full details and to apply: