Employer: Japan Society
Location: New York City
Posted: March 22, 2017
This position manages three critical organizational functions: Box Office and Visitor Services/Welcome Desk, program operations, and office services. The position interfaces with the public, vendors and staff. The Manager of Box Office and Administrative Services is responsible for supervising the Visitor Services/Welcome Desk Associates, and the Finance and Administration Department’s Administrative Assistant.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Visitor Services and Box Office:
- Hire, supervise and train Visitor Services/Welcome Desk and Front Desk staff;
- Resolve customer-service issues and ticketing problems;
- Administer Box Office ticketing system including setting up events, troubleshooting ticket problems, arranging for refunds and exchanges as necessary;
- Maintain stock of ticketing supplies;
- Develop monthly Visitor Services/Welcome Desk staffing schedule;
- Provide coverage for Visitor Services/Welcome Desk, Front Desk, and Mailroom as needed.
Assist Director of Program Operations with rental program and provide back-up as necessary for the following:
- Coordinating logistics for Japan Society programs and rental events;
- Responding to inquiries for rental events, and leading tours of Japan Society rental event spaces;
- Liaising with Japan Society departments and rental organizations during events.
- Supervise Administrative Assistant who provides staffing for Front Desk and Mailroom;
- Maintain and order office and other supplies. Ensure Japan Society receives the most competitive prices;
- Negotiate contracts and oversee the purchasing, leasing, and repair of office equipment including photocopiers, fax machines, postage meter, coffee maker, etc.;
- Coordinate off-site storage and in-house storage with Building Director;
- Ensure use of most-cost effective shipping methods;
- Prepare annual administrative services budget, monitor expenditures and projections, and prepare invoices for payment.
- BA/BS and minimum three years experience in visitor services and office administration or related field;
- Must be detail-oriented and possess excellent organizational skills;
- Outstanding interpersonal and customer service skills;
- Ability to problem-solve;
- Strong teamwork orientation;
- Excellent proficiency in Microsoft Office and database software;
- Experience with Top Tix SR04 application a plus.
To Apply: Email your letter of interest and resume to the Director of Human Resources, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
See original posting on the Japan Society website.