Institution: University of Utah
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Type: Full Time
Requisition Number: PRN12881B
This individual will be responsible for managing projects in relation to the educational programs for the MPH programs at University of Utah Asia (UA) including leading recruitment efforts, marketing and advising for the Division of Public Health (MPH). The program manager will provide internal and external customer service to potential and current students, staff, faculty and other visitors.
This position may require regular travel between Utah and Korea.
- Devise a sustainable recruitment and marketing plan that outlines financial support required for success.
- Meet and advise potential students who drop-in inquiring about degree offerings (advise on degree requirements, expectations, registration requirements, deadlines, and the Division and University of Utah policies and regulations).
- Address inquiries regarding admissions in person and via email; general information about the Program, Division/University requirements and deadlines, programs of study, and career opportunities.
- Attend appropriate local and national professional meetings; assist in all aspects of the exhibit booths; coordinate recruiting and marketing materials for these meetings.
- Assist with maintaining information on Division website, newsletters, brochures, and other related marketing materials requested by Academic Manager.
- Assist with social media and presence at the UA.
- Meet and advise, counsel and track current University of Utah Asia Campus Master of Public Health (MPH) students Provide current information on degree requirements, expectations, registration requirements, deadlines, schedules, and the Division and University of Utah policies and regulations).May possibly advise potential joint degree students and certificate students as well.
- Continually review, monitor, evaluate and maintain current student records/files to determine status for completion of degree program requirements.
- Provide students with current and upcoming schedules; registration advising, and distribution of permission codes.
- Track paperwork and progress. Assist students with questions and coordinate with practicum coordinator in Utah.
- Assist in developing new practicum sites.
- Promote and publicize opportunities.
- Provide information and services related to career advising. Search and disseminate local, national and international job opportunities.
- Coordinate career center services and communicate student and career job opportunities.
- Coordinate meetings with local businesses interested in hiring graduates.
- Coordinate the “New Student Orientation” with feedback from Academic Manager prepare handouts, docket, and assigned advisors for appropriate programs.
- Assist with providing potential Division/Program graduate information to the Academic Manager; assist in preparing student’s graduation forms.
- Answer the University of Asia Public Health mainline, greet and assist customers, and unlocking and locking up the Division of Public Health area, and other assigned areas during.
- Act as supporting liaison between campuses.
- Support administrative functions such as planning and attending meetings, taking meeting minutes, as well as support faculty course support.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field plus two years of related experience or equivalency. Demonstrated human relations and effective communication skills also required.