Institution: The Study Abroad Foundation
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Application Due: Open Until Filled
Type: Full Time
The Study Abroad Program Coordinator will facilitate the enrollment of undergraduate study abroad (visiting non-degree) students from Brunei, China, Taiwan, Japan, Kazakhstan, Korea, Malaysia and Singapore who are attending SAF-affiliated host universities in the United States, Canada, Europe and Australasia. This is a full-time, salaried position based in Indianapolis, IN, USA.
The successful candidate will be responsible for processing 100+ applications per semester and will take candidates from initial admission review and submission through course registration, housing procurement and issuance of final transcripts. Specific responsibilities include the evaluation and analysis of prospective students’ credentials, submission of qualified candidates’ applications to SAF host universities, communication with SAF Country Offices in Asia (particularly with staff in our China, Japan and Korean offices) as well as affiliated host universities. The successful candidate will contribute to the creation of relevant program materials, and the provision of personal, cultural, academic and emergency advice and assistance for the duration of participants’ study abroad experiences.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities to Include:
- Communicate with the SAF Country Offices in Asia ensuring effective exchange of information and providing guidance regarding student placement, acceptance criteria, application deadlines, etc.
- Ensure accurate input of data into the SAF student database and subsequent extraction of relevant data for weekly reports and enrollment projections; previous database experience required.
- Create, organize and ensure integrity of applicant’s paper and electronic files
- Screen, evaluate and submit applications to SAF host universities
- Follow-up with host universities to facilitate quick turn-around on student acceptances
- Ensure timely and organized delivery of information and materials to SAF Country Offices and SAF host universities
- Secure participant housing, orientation participation, class registration, and arrival transportation
- Create, revise and review pre-departure orientation materials and on-site communication sequence including emergency protocol.
- Provide prompt on-site student support services via phone and email; provide after-hours student support services as needed
- BA/BS required
- Fluency in an Asian language preferred
- 3 to 5 years or previous work experience in international education or higher education administration preferred
- Adept at prioritizing and multi-tasking
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, work independently, and exercise good judgment in addressing questions and problems
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Energetic and creative with excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong teamwork skills and an interest in working in and supporting a rapidly changing work environment
- Willingness to travel extensively in the U.S. and abroad; must have a valid US driver’s license
- Willingness to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned
- Willingness to resolve emergency situations that may require additional work hours
Close-knit and collaborative office environment located about a 15-minute drive from the heart of downtown Indianapolis, ranked No. 3 on Livability.com’s list of Top Ten Best Downtowns 2014.
The Study Abroad Foundation is a US non-profit education organization 501(c)(3) focused on student international mobility. SAF’s HQ is in Indianapolis, Indiana, from where local staff work closely with the Foundation’s Country Offices in China, Taiwan, Japan and Korea. SAF facilitates study abroad opportunities in the US, Canada, Europe and Australasia for international students attending its member universities in Asia. For more information about the Foundation please visit our web site at http://www.studyabroadfoundation.org.
For full details and to apply, see posting on HigherEdJobs.com.