Applications Open for the 2016 TOMODACHI Emerging Leaders Program!
Application Deadline: Sunday, July 10, 2016, 11:00 pm Pacific Time
– Overview –
In 2016, twelve Japanese American young professionals will be selected to attend the U.S.-Japan Council Annual Conference and Members Meeting in Silicon Valley, California. The Conference is a forum for education and networking among the highest levels of leadership in business, public policy, academia, journalism and community organizations. By providing access to senior leaders and education on relevant topics, the program aims to motivate participants to promote strong and positive U.S.-Japan relations in their personal and professional lives.
The TOMODACHI Emerging Leaders Program is currently in its seventh year. Past participants have created a vibrant alumni network deeply engaged with the work of the Council. Continued engagement following the Conference is expected.
Selected 2016 applicants will receive transportation, hotel accommodations, meals and Conference registration. At the Conference they will become U.S.-Japan Council Associates with the first year’s membership dues waived (membership is normally by invitation and nomination).
– Eligibility –
Applicants must reside in the United States or Japan, and must be available to travel to Silicon Valley, Japan from November 11 to 16, 2016.
Ideal candidates for the TOMODACHI Emerging Leaders Program should meet the following criteria:
- Japanese American professionals 24-35 years of age at the time of the Conference
- Applicants must reside in the United States or Japan, and must be available to travel to Silicon Valley, California from November 11-16, 2016
- Strong interest in U.S.-Japan relations as demonstrated through professional, academic, extra-curricular or community involvement
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Commitment to remain involved in U.S.-Japan relations by engaging in U.S.-Japan Council programs and initiatives, and other activities
Application deadline: Sunday, July 10, 2016