Position: Researcher / Assistant Correspondent (full time)
The Mainichi Newspapers Los Angeles Bureau seeks a full time Researcher / Assistant Correspondent. The Mainichi Newspapers is a major daily Japanese newspaper printed in Japan with over 4 million readers. It is the oldest national daily newspaper in Japan founded in 1872. Our corporate information can be found at http://mdn.mainichi.jp/.
- Coordinating with Japanese news correspondent in gathering news and developing articles.
- Proofreading English-English translation.
- Researching and gathering news, conducting interviews, developing and maintaining news sources, covering press conferences and other events including taking photos.
- Administrative duties are included.
- Must have a keen interest and understanding of U.S. current events.
- Must be native English speaker proficient at speaking and writing English effectively.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and good instincts.
- Must be detail oriented and research savvy.
- Must be highly motivated in journalism and bring up ideas for news reporting.
- Ability to analyze news stories to see what is interesting and newsworthy.
- Persistent in achieving goals and objectives under deadlines.
- Must be available to work on weekend and/or irregular hours if needed.
- Must have B.A. minimum. Research experience is crucial.
- Japanese speaking applicants and/or those familiar with Japanese culture and media.
- Ability to start in late May/June.
Please email resume and a cover letter (as a word document attachment) to email@example.com .
- Location: Brentwood in Los Angeles
- Compensation: monthly net salary will be $2,500.00 (after all applicable federal and state deductions and withholdings)
Original posting Mainichi Assistant Correspondent 2016.