The Japan Information and Culture Center (JICC), Embassy of Japan, is seeking a highly motivated, team-oriented individual for the position of School Program Coordinator. The main responsibilities that this person will hold is coordinating and presenting an educational program on Japan and Japanese culture. Please see below for a more detailed list of responsibilities.
The Embassy offers group health insurance coverage, paid vacation, and sick leave. Working hours are 9 a.m. – 5 p.m., Monday through Friday with weeknight and/or weekend events several times a month (paid overtime). Salary is commensurate with experience.
Candidate must be a U.S. citizen or a U.S. green card holder. Screening will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Only successful candidates will be contacted. All candidates will be subject to background checks and security clearance.
- Coordinate and present an educational Program on Japan and Japanese culture for audiences ranging from elementary school students to professionals
- Promote the school program and maintain a reservation schedule
- Write a report for each program and compile data quarterly
- Coordinate and lead JICC participation in the Embassy Adoption Program
- Disseminate information on Japan to the public; respond to public inquiries on Japan
- Assist other JICC staff in the organization and execution of cultural events
- Management of interns
- Other responsibilities as needed
- Bilingual in Japanese and English
- Deep knowledge and appreciation of Japanese culture
- Strong public speaking skills and experience delivering presentations
- High level of professionalism and respect
- Flexibility and resourcefulness
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills
- Highly organized and able to multi-task varying deadlines
- Computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Team-oriented self-starter
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
E-mail your resume, cover letter, and a copy of your university transcript(s) (need not be official) in .pdf format to: email@example.com
Please note in the subject line of your e-mail “School Program Coordinator”.
Please no phone calls. Due to the high volume of resumes we receive, we cannot guarantee consideration of your application if the submission instructions are not properly followed.
You can download a PDF of this information here (right-click on the link, then Save As).