The Institute of Stem Cell Biology and Regenerative Medicine (ISCBRM) is seeking an Administrative Associate at 50% FTE (part time) to support an ISCBRM faculty member and the day to day operations of the lab and research program. This position will provide executive level administrative support. The ISCBRM research program is internationally renowned and is funded by multiple Federal and non-Federal sponsors and donors and includes a large contingent of laboratory staff, post-docs, graduate students and other highly trained professionals. The successful candidate will independently manage multiple responsibilities and projects as assigned and work with a lab manager to align faculty objectives and operations and determine priorities in a rapidly changing and dynamic environment. Incumbent will coordinate administrative activities as needed, maintaining complex calendars, and handling sensitive and confidential material.
- Manage an extremely demanding calendar and conduct correspondence on behalf of the faculty. Act as a first point of contact for purposes of scheduling and calendar maintenance for faculty.
- Assist with preparation and submission of manuscripts, abstracts, and protocols, this may include original writing, editing, proofreading and checking citations and references. Function as liaison between faculty and grants coordinator to ensure timely submission of grant materials and reports.
- Monitor and coordinate revisions and renewals of APLAC protocols such that research projects comply with relevant institutional standards.
- Initiate, organize, and manage a variety of departmental events including guest speakers, educational seminars, collaborative research meetings, and associated social engagements. Coordinate travel and reimbursement details for attendees, staff and visitors.
- Regularly organize and review reimbursement submissions in an expedited and thorough manner for the faculty and the lab. Responsible for departmental credit card, place orders and monitor charges. Purchase lab supplies, create purchase order and justification, reimbursement, and track delivery.
- Manage lab website and update as necessary.
- Assist with screening of post-doctoral fellow applicants, manage correspondence and independently respond to inquiries on behalf of the faculty member.
- Prepare general documents and templates using MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat.
- Assist in administrative operations as needed and other duties as assigned.
- The candidate will also be expected to keep up-to-date with all relevant policies and procedures within the University.
- Manage faculty supervisor’s email in both English and Japanese
- Two-year college degree and a minimum of two years of applicable experience or equivalent education and experience
- Extremely detail oriented
- Experience as an Administrative Associate to senior faculty in a University setting – must have executive assistant level experience managing multiple projects and overseeing completion of complex administrative duties
- Capable of working with senior faculty and staff in an academic setting
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and analytical skills and customer service
- Extremely resourceful and able to work independently with limited supervision
- Demonstrated ability to be a team player, self-motivated with a positive attitude
- Ability to multitask and establish priorities, manage shifting priorities and handle numerous time sensitive projects to meet multiple deadlines
- Able to handle and resolve pressure situations
- Manage highly confidential material
- Excellent writing and oral communications skills
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point and Adobe Acrobat
- Energy, ability, and willingness to work under pressure
- Highly professional in appearance and demeanor with a positive attitude and efficient point of contact for persons communicating with the various Institute offices
- Dependable with a reliable work schedule
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Bilingual (Fluency in Japanese)
- BAS/BS degree preferred
- Five years of applicable experience preferred
- Knowledge of the grant submission process
- Desired financial experience and/or working knowledge of reconciling and managing expenditure statements
- Knowledge of Stanford systems (Oracle, etc.).
- Familiarity with software programs applicable to calendar management, website development, etc.
- Knowledge of University policies and procedures, accounting system budget, practices, financial management policy, and on-line administrative systems helpful.
- Web site management experience
- Familiarity with academic setting including stem cell research environment