Portland Taiko seeks a dynamic, industrious Office Administrator to work in partnership with the Board of Directors to bring this vibrant, growing, nonprofit, performing arts organization to the next stage of its development.
Now celebrating its 20th year, Portland Taiko (PT) is a nationally recognized leader in the emerging art form of taiko (Japanese drum). As one of a handful of professional taiko groups in the country, PT seeks a candidate with proven office administration skills, who can work independently, and who is eager to learn about our organization. Portland Taiko is comprised of a community-based performance ensemble centered on a powerful, culturally specific art form. A dedicated group of Board, staff and volunteers works to achieve Portland Taiko’s mission: “Through innovation and excellence in taiko, Portland Taiko affirms Asian American pride, inspires audiences, builds community, and educates about our heritage and culture.”
The Office Administrator will maintain the day-to-day operation of the office by:
- Handling customer requests and inquiries by phone, mail, or email
- Maintaining company records and monitoring/replenishing office supplies
- Managing financial data for release to the bookkeeper
- Ensuring timely attention to payables and receivables
- Monitoring and updating the company website, database, and social media as directed
- Maintaining records of class registrations and tuition
- Creating reports as needed
- Performing other related duties as requested
The applicant must possess a high level of accuracy in preparing and recording information, demonstrate excellent verbal, written, and listening skills, and have strong computer skills, including MS Word and Excel. In addition, experience with CRM software is preferred. The next Office Administrator must also have solid organizational skills, be adaptable, eager to learn, and have experience with the Asian American community and the art of taiko, or a willingness to learn about them.