Any readers in Indonesia? Limited to Indonesian nationals and current residents of DKI Jakarta, Bogor, Depok, Tangerang, or Bekasi.
Institution:Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) Indonesia Office
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Deadline: August 8, 2014
Type: 1-year contract
The Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) is a Japanese agency responsible for implementing the Technical Cooperation, Grant Aid, and Yen Loan Programs of Japan’s Official Development Assistance (ODA). For more information, refer to JICA’s homepage: http://www.jica.go.jp/english and http://www.jica.go.jp/indonesia/english/index.html.
Vacancy of NGO Desk Coordinator Position
JICA Indonesia Office is an active development partner of the Government of Indonesia, located in Jakarta. The Office is now seeking qualified and experienced candidates for a position as follows.
NGO Desk Coordinator (Coordinator):
- The Coordinator shall work as part of a team of the JICA-NGO Desk in:
Providing consultation support for Japanese non-governmental organizations (NGOs) / non-profit organizations (NPOs), especially in implementing development cooperation activities with local NGOs/NPOs in Indonesia
- Providing consultation for local NGOs / NPOs, especially in implementing development cooperation activities with various stakeholders, including international counterparts, private sector.
- Promoting the networking with Ex-Participants of JICA’s Training Programs
- Enhancing JICA’s collaboration with Japanese private sector
- Implementing Public relations (PR) for JICA’s Grassroots-level activities
- Undertaking any other matters designated by the Chief Representative of JICA Indonesia Office.
1) Minimum Bachelor Degree (S1) with 5-year working experiences preferably on community development cooperation, such as through NGOs/NPOs, international organizations, public/private corporations.
2) Good interpersonal skills, adaptable and willing to learn in the multi-cultural environment. Strong interest and good knowledge of development issues are advantages.
3) Age: preferably a maximum of 35 years old
4) Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English. Proficiency of Japanese language is an advantage.
5) Proficient computer skills with sound knowledge of common word-processing, spreadsheets and graphics software used in JICA (such as Excel, Word, Powerpoint and/or Filemaker Pro etc.)
6) Limited to Indonesian nationals and current residents of DKI Jakarta, Bogor, Depok, Tangerang, or Bekasi.
Full details on JICA Indonesia’s job posting.