Via the UM-CJS Mailing List.
Institution: Hinoki International School
Location: Livonia, Michigan
Type: bilingual (“high proficiency”)
Deadline: open until filled
Position Summary: Assists the Principal, Board of Education Members, and Consortium by performing secretarial and clerical duties as described below. Acts as liaison between the district and community, Principal and parents, and Principal and staff.
• Greet public; place and receive telephone calls; distribute messages; monitor Facebook; and review email.
• Sort and distribute school mail, open and date stamp central office mail (with the exception of mail marked “Confidential” which will be forwarded unopened).
• Type and proofread all correspondence for the Principal and Consortium.
• Translate requested correspondence (Japanese-English/English-Japanese) for the Principal and Consortium.
• Arrange appointments and make travel arrangements for the Principal.
• Type updates to policies for board meetings and distribute policies as approved by the Board of Directors.
• Process all incoming applications and distribute to HRE 1108, Inc. for open positions.
• Create, maintain, and provide access to personnel files according to board policy.
• Complete personnel action forms including New Employee Checklist, Employee Status Change, FMLA forms, and other personnel or payroll related forms as required and submit to HRE 1108, Inc.
• Process required substitute teacher paperwork.
• Process all enrollment applications and forms, keep updated listing, and check against SRSD at each student count and reconcile discrepancies.
• Contact board members for board and committee meetings, post the meetings, develop and distribute agendas and packets, attend special board meetings, and take, process, and file minutes of board meetings.
• Set up administrator meetings, contact administrators, and develop agendas.
• Process FOIA requests.
• Process bid specifications and correspondence as required by Principal and Consortium.
• Maintain central office petty cash fund.
• Maintain the central filing system, including CA60s, in adherence to the School Records and Reporting Guidelines found at (http://www.michigan.gov/documents/hal_mhc_rms_local_gs2_171482_7.pdf).
• Update and maintain office equipment, including fax and postage machines and copiers.
• Distribute approved purchase orders and maintain purchase order log.
• Maintain school phone tree contact information.
• Support accounting functions and coordination of the daily operation of the school’s food service program.
• Coordinate food purchases, preparation, and personnel for special events.
• Oversee and manage student accident forms, records, and medication distribution.
1. High proficiency in written and spoken Japanese and English preferred. Experience with Dual Immersion and/or Bilingual educational programs.
2. Graduation from an accredited high school (Associates Degree or post-secondary training in education or related field preferred).
3. Skilled in the use of computers and office equipment. Must be able to utilize school software and have high level of proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel.
4. Must pass competency test in English writing skills, grammar, basic math skills, and use of Microsoft Word and Excel.
5. Excellent written and verbal communications required. Ability to communicate and work effectively and courteously with staff, students, parents, vendors, and the general public.
6. Ability to assume responsibility and maintain confidentiality.
7. Ability to prioritize and manage tasks efficiently.
Full details on duties and application Office Manager_Hinoki International School Job Posting