Institution: South Dakota State University
Location: Brookings, SD
Review date: Dec. 13, 2013
Education: BA; MA preferred
South Dakota State University is seeking a highly motivated, enthusiastic, and dynamic person as a Study Abroad Advisor. In a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, the Study Abroad Advisor will provide individualized advice and guidance to students interested in studying abroad helping them to choose the program best suited to their needs. The Study Abroad Advisor will also provide outstanding service to students before, during and after their educational experiences abroad. This is a 12 month position within the Office of International Affairs and Outreach.
– Provides information to students, parents, faculty, and staff regarding various study abroad programs.
– Coordinates with relevant academic and administrative offices.
– Coordinates program and application processes online and in person.
– Plans and participates in campus events such as:
– University Admissions Events
– New Student Orientation and Majors Fairs
– Study abroad Fairs
– Pre-Departure Orientations
– Study Abroad Re-entry Seminars
– Study Abroad Presentations for faculty and student organizations
– Many other cultural events sponsored by the Office of International Affairs and Outreach
1. Bachelor’s degree required in International Studies, Psychology, Social Science or related field.
2. Minimum of one year experience in counseling or advising college students.
3. Excellent written, verbal, personal communication, and organizational skills.
4. Ability to work closely with staff, faculty, students, and international partners in a variety of settings.
5. Ability to act independently and problem-solve while supporting large numbers of students with very individualized situations.
6. Ability to work under pressure in fast-paced deadline-driven environment.
1. Master’s Degree preferred.
2. Proficiency in second language.
3. Previous experience studying or living abroad.
4. Experience with StudioAbroad software.
See full application details on South Dakota Board of Regents, posting #0005876.