Via JETWit Jobs.
Institution: Middlebury College
Department: International Prog & Off-Campus Study
Location: Middlebury, VT
Education: MA preferred
Posted Nov. 14, 2013 to JETWit Jobs.
Deadline: not listed
The University Relations Coordinator recruits students for and markets the C.V. Starr-Middlebury Schools Abroad, Middlebury Language Schools, as well as Middlebury School of the Environment and Bread Loaf School of English, whenever possible; maintains and cultivates relationships with staff and faculty from sending and partner institutions; represents Middlebury College, the C.V. Starr-Middlebury Schools Abroad and Language Schools at various conferences and international opportunity events.
- Working with the Director of Institutional Collaboration and Marketing and the Associate Dean of International Programs, plans and executes approximately 50 visits to colleges and universities and academic / international education conferences during the academic year to recruit students for the C.V. Starr-Middlebury Schools Abroad, the Language Schools, and graduate programs. Approximately 50% of fall semester and 40% of spring semester is spent traveling.
- Plans and executes campus visits, which may include study abroad fairs, meetings with students, staff, and faculty, information sessions, classroom presentations, and pre-departure sessions.
- Coordinates, and oftentimes participates in, recruiting visits for Schools Abroad directors to other institutions.
- Composes site reports on each school visited.
- Collaborates with colleagues at the Monterey Institute of International Studies (MIIS) on joint recruiting and marketing visits and initiatives.
- Manages existing relationships with sending institutions.
- Establishes new relationships with institutions.
- Coordinates on-campus summer meeting for education abroad colleagues from sending institutions to coincide with Schools Abroad directors summer meetings.
- Maintains tracking system for inquiries, applicants, and enrolled students.
- Acts as a liaison with administration/professors at schools visited, through regular contact (in-person, phone, email).
- Promotes Schools Abroad and Language Schools at international education and language conferences.
- Assists in developing ideas for creative recruiting and marketing of the Schools Abroad and Language Schools.
- Assists with publications and marketing material, including social media.
- Prepares content for regularly-scheduled (bi-monthly) Schools Abroad newsletters
- Reviews evaluations and communicates with returnees to gather material for publications.
- Coordinates and executes Schools Abroad mailings to college/university faculty and administrators, as well as to summer Language Schools faculty.
- Participates – when possible – in Language Schools and IPOCS special projects, and Language Schools and IPOCS staff meetings.
- Assists in the development of the recruiting budget and ensures recruiting efforts stay within budget.
- Continuously assesses the effectiveness of the recruiting plan.
M.A. degree preferred, preferably in the field of international education, higher education administration, or similar field. Training in marketing higher education.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Language skills in French, German, Italian, Arabic, Portuguese, Russian, Chinese, Japanese, Hebrew, and/or Spanish.Demonstrated enthusiasm for study abroad and language learning. Overnight and weekend travel required. Strong organizational and prioritization skills. Strong public speaking, written communication, and networking skills.
- 2-5 years of post-graduate experience in international education and/or marketing preferred.
- Prior living/studying abroad experience.
- Admissions, recruiting, and/or higher education marketing experience.
- Computer literacy; experience with MS Office Suite (including PowerPoint and Excel), and web content management software.
- Experience with Studio Abroad and Banner, a plus.
Full application details on Middlebury’s job posting (Posting Number: S00221).