Job Title: Senior Study Abroad Advisor
Institution: Rice University
Location: Houston, TX
Posting Date: 10-22-2013
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Education: BA and experience required, MA preferred
The Senior Study Abroad Advisor reports to the Study Abroad Director. This person is responsible for advising students on all aspects of study abroad from start to finish. The Senior Study Abroad Advisor is the primary support person for the web-based enrollment and registration-management system, Terra Dotta. The Senior Study Abroad Advisor coordinates promotional events and represents the office at meetings and events.
Education Required: Bachelor’s Degree. Experience may not be substituted for the education requirement.
Experience Required: 3 years; International experience.
Education may not be substituted for the experience requirement.
Other Skills Required
– Excellent organizational, computer, and oral and written communication skills.
– Tact, strong interpersonal skills, independent thinking and decision making, ability to see big picture while also paying attention to detail.
– Ability to prioritize.
Education Preferred: Master’s degree.
– Experience with Terra Dotta study abroad software or similar enrollment and registration-management system.
– Three years of experience or more working in an education abroad office at a university.
– Experience living or studying abroad.
Description of job responsibility/duty:
– Participate in study abroad student recruitment via class visits, informational sessions, and special events.
– Advise students on program selection, academics, finances, health and safety, and policies and administration.
– Responsible for application processing and student selection.
– Prepare students to study abroad through advising and orientation.
– Maintain contact with students while abroad.
– Participate in post-return programming through the Welcome Back Event.
– Conduct program assessment.
– Assist with credit processing by advising students on how to obtain credit approval.
– Act as a liaison with financial aid, cashier, registrar, college coordinators, housing & dining, departments and schools, program partners, parents, etc.
STUDY ABROAD SOFTWARE SUPPORT:
– Act as a liaison between software host and office.
– Maintain updates and coordinate upgrades.
– Support users.
– Evaluate and revise processes.
MARKETING AND OUTREACH:
– Participate in campus-wide programming to promote study abroad.
– Coordinate study abroad events, such as International Education Week sessions, Photo Contest, Study Abroad Fair, etc.
– Represent office in campus-wide meetings and events.
Apply online at RICEWorks. Requisition Number 14129.