Position: Study Abroad Coordinator
Posted by: University of Wisconsin Oshkosh
Location: Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Start Date: January 1, 2014
Application Deadline: October 28, 2013
This position develops and delivers web-based, print & in-person marketing; serves as primary liaison to exchange and affiliate partners; works closely with students through exploration, program selection, application and orientation to a program away; and advises on campus fundraising policy.
This position reports to the OIE Director and requires a high degree of familiarity with OIE programs and events and with campus and UW System policies and procedures; frequent visits to UW System campuses in the State of Wisconsin; frequent evening and weekend responsibilities, including responsibilities related to outbound orientations, presentations, and to visits from colleagues abroad; and occasional attendance, based on funding availability and rotation of staff in the OIE, at the national NAFSA conference. There are no secretarial or support staff associated with this position.
• Bachelor’s degree;
• Understanding of current world affairs especially in relation to travel health and safety;
• Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact diplomatically with a diverse group of
individuals and to communicate clearly and effectively with native and non-native English speakers in a
• Ability to identify, interpret and present information, ideas, procedures and policy clearly and
accurately in writing, verbally and by preparation of reports and other materials;
• Initiative and ability to work independently, efficiently and without close supervision;
• Ability to address & solve complex issues through teamwork and consultation;
• Attention to detail;
• Significant experience working, living or studying abroad;
• Intermediate or Advanced proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets, publications and presentation
and ability to learn additional software packages as required.
• Possession of an unexpired driver’s license or ability to attain a driver’s license and a reasonably clean
• Demonstrated experience in web content development or maintenance;
• Experience creating web-based media to share information or to market.
• Experience in campus program promotion or marketing.
Send letter of application, resume**, three current letters of recommendation, transcripts (official or photocopy)**, and advising philosophy (please submit this as a separate item rather than as part of your letter of application), and contact information for 3-5 professional references** to:
Office of International Education
800 Algoma Blvd
Oshkosh, WI 54901
**A vita may be used in place of a resume.
**Applicants may submit unofficial transcripts to apply. Official transcripts will be required if hired.
**Name, title, organization/company name, phone number and e-mail address for three to five professional references. Indicate how these references are related to you and how long you have known them. One reference must be your immediate supervisor. You may elect to request that we not contact your immediate supervisor unless your are among the top candidates being considered.
Please view the job listing for more information about the position and how to apply.