Institution: United Nations University Institute of Advanced Studies (UNU-IAS)
Posted on: July 3, 2013
Start date: October 1, 2013
Application deadline: August 4, 2013
Education requirements: Master’s degree
Level of language proficiency: Excellent communication skills with fluency in both oral and written English. Knowledge of Japanese or another UN official language is an asset.
The United Nations University Institute of Advanced Studies (UNU-IAS) is recruiting a Communications Expert for the International Satoyama Initiative (ISI). Under the
overall supervision of the UNU-IAS Director, and the direct supervision of the Programme Director of the ISI, the Communications Expert will be responsible for the following duties:
- Assist in writing and editing of ISI documents such as meeting papers, brochures, announcements, case study summaries, articles and speeches for online and print publications to ensure quality, coherence and correctness;
- Assist in the organization of the IPSI Global Conference and other events;
- Assist in developing communication strategies;
- Assist with communication and dissemination activities, including promotional materials and website content development, to promote ISI visibility;
- Contribute to development of content and co-ordination for production of print products for ISI; and
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned or required by the Programme Director.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s degree or equivalent in the area of environment, development, social sciences, or a related discipline;
- At least three (3) years of progressively responsible experience in a related area. Work experience in international organizations or promoting major international initiatives is an asset;
- Excellent writing skills and writing experience on a professional level;
- Knowledge of relevant computer and media applications (such as Adobe Photoshop and InDesign) as well as familiarity with social media platforms;
- Excellent communication skills with fluency in both oral and written English. Knowledge of Japanese or another UN official language is an asset;
- Excellent analytical skills as well as demonstrated ability to multi-task and to manage own workload and schedule to deliver timely results;
- A good team player with strong interpersonal skills demonstrated by the ability to work in a multicultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
Full application details on Idealist.org.