Via JETWit Jobs Mailing List.
The Embassy of Japan’s Congressional Affairs Section is now seeking a qualified Administrative Assistant. This job provides an excellent opportunity to work for a foreign diplomatic mission while gaining insight into international affairs from a unique inside perspective. The Embassy offers group health insurance coverage, paid vacation and sick leave. The working hours are 9:00AM to 5:30PM, Monday through Friday, with opportunities for paid overtime. Salary is commensurate with experience.
The Embassy of Japan is located at 2520 Massachusetts Avenue, NW, Washington, DC 20008 within walking distance from the Dupont Circle metro station.
- Act as a contact point between Congressional staff and offices and the Embassy of Japan
- Draft and proofread letters and documents in English
- Some Congress-related research/ congressional analysis
- Request and schedule appointments with the U.S. Congress and other agencies
- Manage service contracts related to Congressional affairs
- Support Embassy events
- Other responsibilities as needed
An ideal candidate must be professional, multi-tasking, and adaptive to a non-U.S. working environment. Fluency in Japanese is preferred. He/She must have excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) and excellent computer skills with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).Work or study experience in Japan and/or experience with the U.S. Congress is preferred but not required. Must be a U.S. citizen or U.S. Green Card holder.
Find your job through Shinpai Deshou? Let us know!