Via the JETWit Jobs Mailing List.
Job: Assistant Language Teacher
Number of Jobs: 2
Location: Matsumoto, Shiojiri, Okaya, Suwa in Nagano Prefecture, Japan
Preference: applicants living in Nagano
Education: BA or qualified to teach English
Deadline: postmarked by Friday, June 22nd, 2012
The Nagano Prefectural Board of Education is currently seeking experienced Assistant Language (English) Teachers (hereinafter referred to as “ALT”).
A. Position Details:
（１）Job Type Assistant Language Teacher (ALT)
（２ Available Number of Positions Two
1. Base school : A Prefectural Senior High School in Matsumoto, Shiojiri, Okaya, Suwa
2. Regular visit school: Prefectural Senior High Schools in the neighboring area
3. Irregular visit school: Prefectural Schools for the physically challenged in the neighboring area
Note: Base school: 3-4 days a week; Regular Visit school:1-2 days a week;
Irregular Visit school: A few times a month
（４）Period of Contract: August 20th, 2012 – July 31st, 2013
（５） Work Terms and Conditions
• Remuneration: 280,000 Yen/ month
• As for other work terms and conditions, the Terms and Conditions for JET Prefectural
ALTs shall be applied with some exceptions.
1. Compensation for income tax and inhabitants’tax is not paid.
2. Housing and transportation allowance is not provided.
3. The JET Programme Accident Insurance will not be available.
It is desirable that the applicant should:
1. Be currently living near the base schools or a neighboring municipal area.
2. Be qualified to teach English or have equivalent teaching experience.
3. Have a positive attitude towards communicating with students and co-workers at
4. Have contract with other institutions ended by August 20th
C. Application Procedure
To apply, send the following documents:
1. Application Form ( both in English and Japanese)
2. A photocopy of your passport photo page and valid Visa to live and work in Japan
3. A photocopy of your university or postgraduate school Certificate of Graduation
4. Medical examination report (Attached form)
5. A copy of your current contract
Send by post, or deliver in person, to the Director of the Teacher Consultation Division
at the following address:
Director of the Teacher Consultation Division, Nagano Prefectural Board of Education
692-2 Habashita, Minaminagano, Nagano City, 380-8570
D. Application Deadline
The deadline for applications is Friday, June 22nd, 2012.
(Applications post marked later than June 22nd, 2012 will not be accepted.)
E. Selection Procedure
1. Selection will be made based on submitted documents and interview of short-listed
2. Interviews are planned to be held on Friday June 29th, 2012.
Detailed information will be given to those applicants who are called to interview.
1. The results will be sent to each applicant by post.
2. Inquiries by email, phone or fax will not be entertained.
Full details in Japanese and English on original posting on the Nagano Prefectural website.
Did you find your job through Shinpai Deshou? Let us know in the comments!