Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate logistics for special events, conferences, meetings, briefings, receptions, and other official functions
- Draft and edit letters, diplomatic correspondence and speeches
- Research topics related to the United Nations as required by the Mission officers and give oral or written briefings to senior diplomats upon request for information
- Attend UN meetings with senior diplomats, take accurate and quick notes, keep records and write up summaries as required
- Keep up-to-date with relevant UN news, appointments, press conferences, etc.
- Assist the press team from Japan who accompany the high level government officials during the UN General Debate
- Act as the official photographer / videographer upon request
- Maintain close partnerships with United Nations offices and staff, including the Department of Public Information, Management, Protocol, Media Liaison Unit, Security, etc.
- Research and maintain partnerships with academic institutions, arrange student briefings and lectures as required
- Provide support and input for outreach activities including website and social networking updates
- Respond to telephone calls, both incoming and outgoing, with efficiency and professional etiquette
- Update and develop contact information databases
- Manage the official email account and respond to inquiries in an appropriate and timely manner
- Assist in any other duties as requested
– Communicates effectively
– Sets high levels of quality, productivity and professionalism for self
– Analyzes and integrates verbal, numerical and other types of data
– Rapidly learns new tasks and quickly commits information to memory
– Able to balance multiple tasks under high pressure circumstances
– Demonstrates problem solving skills
– Able to work independently and as a member of a team
- U.S. citizenship or green card required
- Excellent English writing and verbal communications skills, computer skills, typing skills (60wpm minimum) are required
- College degree required
- Basic knowledge of the United Nations and diplomacy preferred
- Japanese language skills and cultural familiarity preferred
- Prior experience in the JET Programme preferred
This is a full-time position which begins in middle of May 2013. Salary is commensurate with applicant’s work experience.
Please send a cover letter and resume by April 30, 2013 to email@example.com
and firstname.lastname@example.org with “Public Relations Coordinator Position” in the subject line. No phone calls please.