Position: Guest Relations & Membership Associate
Institution: Morikami Museum and Japanese Gardens
Location: Delray Beach, FL
Deadline: not listed (posted to JETWit.com on April 11, 2013)
Under the guidance of the Development Manager, the Guest Relations/Membership Associate is responsible for providing excellent customer service to museum members and visitors by answering general inquiries and having extensive knowledge of the facility and its services.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Serves as the membership expert knowing all information pertaining to the museum’s membership program.
- Provides courteous and professional service to museum visitors that want to become a member, and functions as the point of contact for members who have questions about their existing membership.
- Provides overall general information to visitors regarding museum programs, facility rentals, events and refers other inquiries to appropriate staff.
- Uses database program (Raiser’s Edge) to look up membership information, print membership cards and provide assistance with membership renewals.
- Assists membership department as needed.
- 4 day work week – Saturday & Sunday a must, 2 weekdays are flexible.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Proficient in Windows & Microsoft Word, Excel & Outlook
- Strong computer literacy & willingness to learn various industry-related software programs
- Excellent leadership capability & customer service skills
- Must be organized, proactive, reliable and work efficiently
- Ability to use good judgment, remain flexible and work under minimal supervision
- Experience working with a membership organization or non-profits a plus
- Clear understanding of how data is an integral part of the Membership Office, and commitment to maintaining clean, consistent & accurate data
DESIRED PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
- A strong dedication to the mission and culture of the Morikami
- A personal commitment to maintain a collaborative work environment
- High ethical standards
- Diplomacy and tact
- Equal Opportunity Employer
- Ability to accumulate holiday, personal & sick time
- Hourly salary range: $10.00 – $12.50/hour
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to Sharyn Samuels at firstname.lastname@example.org. NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE.