Institution: United Nations University Institute of Advanced Studies (UNU-IAS)
Location: Tokyo and Yokohama, Japan
Education: University degree
Application deadline: March 31, 2013
Start date: May 1, 2013
The Special Assistant to the Vice-Rector of UNU and Director of UNU-IAS will spend 50% of his/her time at UNU Headquarters in Tokyo and 50% of his/her time at UNU-IAS in Yokohama. He/she will report directly to the Vice-Rector/Director and will be expected to:
- Provide administrative support to the Vice-Rector/Director, including scheduling and updating of appointments, answering telephone calls, receiving visitors and handling queries;
- Manage and handle all forms of correspondence for the Vice-Rector/Director, including e-mail, in English and Japanese;
- Make necessary arrangements for the Vice-Rector/Director’s travel and prepare necessary forms for visa and other travel matters;
- Provide academic and research support to the Vice-Rector/Director, including preparation and editing of speeches and seminar presentations;
- Be involved in arranging contacts and meetings with Japanese government officials and other public figures for UNU and UNU-IAS;
- Perform any other duties as required and prescribed by the Vice-Rector/Director.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- A University degree;
- At least three (3) years of work experience, preferably at an international organization;
- Good computer skills and familiarity with the Microsoft Office suite;
- Fluency in both oral and written English and Japanese is required. Knowledge of another United Nations official language would be an asset;
- Good team player with strong interpersonal skills demonstrated by the ability to work in a multicultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity
Full details at Idealist.org.
Find a job through Shinpai Deshou? Let us know!