Company: InsideJapan Tours/InsideAsia Tours
Location: Bristol, UK
Deadline: March 15, 2013
Start date: April 1, 2013 (ASAP)
Education: not listed
InsideAsia Tours is a young and dynamic travel company based in Bristol, UK. Our two brands are InsideJapan Tours and InsideVietnam Tours. The company also has offices in Nagoya, Japan and Boulder, CO, USA. We organise small group tours and tailored packages for private clients and third-party travel agents. The majority of our customers are UK-based, but we also have a significant volume of customers from North America and other parts of the world. As an operator specialising in only two destinations coupled with our ground handling office in Japan, we are in a unique position in the market.
We are currently recruiting for a Japan travel consultant for the InsideJapan Tours brand.
InsideJapan Tours’ strengths are:
• The passion of our staff for all things Japanese
• An unrivalled expertise in travelling around Japan
• An understanding of what foreign visitors want out of a trip to Japan
• A flexible and innovative approach to putting together holiday packages
InsideAsia Tours is a member is AITO (The Association of Independent Tour Operators) and fully bonded with AITO Trust. The company holds an ATOL licence for flight inclusive packages. In 2010 the company won the prestigious Guardian Travel Award in the Best Small Tour Operator category and in 2011 received a gold award at the British Travel Awards for best Independent Tour Operator to East and Central Asia.
Our offices are hard working and fast paced but friendly and welcoming – we are a genuine team and the work that everyone puts in to moving the company forward is valued and rewarded. Our work is challenging but rewarding and you will be making a genuine difference to our clients’ holiday experience.
This is a Japan sales-related position based in our UK office in Bristol. You will be responsible for ensuring our customers have the best possible Japan holiday experience. There may be opportunities to travel to Japan for research.
Your principal duties will be:
• Designing, creating and selling tailored holidays and tours of Japan
• Responding to customer enquiries by e-mail and telephone
• Working to achieve specific sales targets, both individually and as a team
• Selling to both direct customers and travel agents
• Researching, developing and improving our huge range of products and services
• Preparing and sending out travel documents and tickets
• Promoting our products and services, both to direct customers and travel agents
• General office duties and other duties as may arise from time to time
You must be able to demonstrate:
• Experience of living and working in Japan (or significant time spent in Japan)
• A passion for Japan as a travel destination and the desire to help others discover the country
• Basic Japanese language skills
• Right to work in the UK (visa sponsorship is NOT available)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Good time-management and organisational skills
• Core IT skills; proficiency in Microsoft Word & Excel
The following skills/experience will be advantageous:
• Experience of working within the travel industry
• Extensive travel experience in Japan
• Sales experience
• Intermediate/advanced Japanese language skills
• Intermediate/advanced IT skills
• Experience of travelling in Indochina
Full training is provided both in-house and externally.
Full details and application on InsideJapan Tours’s website.
Did you find a job through Shinpai Deshou? Let us know!