Institution: AsiaStore, The Asia Society and Museum
Location: New York City
Posted Jan. 24, 2013
Start date: ASAP
Education: high school or equivalent
The Asia Society and Museum, a prestigious non-profit cultural & educational institution, is looking for part-time Sales Associates for its store. The AsiaStore is a unique shop focusing on book and gift products related to Asia.
To assist sales team in achieving all store goals, including sales, customer service and responsible for executing personal sales goals. Maintaining standards on selling floor.
1. Customer Service and Sales
- Consistently meet customer service standards through greeting the customer and determining needs.
- Meet or exceed personal sales goals and assist with meeting or exceeding overall store sales goals.
- Complete sales transactions as outlined in manual.
- Complete any special sales projects.
- Actively participate in all store sales programs and events.
- Open and close store – counting drawers, running daily/weekly/monthly reports.
2. Training and Personal Development
- Perform selling skills daily on sales floor.
- Assist in training job-related responsibilities to new associates by the buddy system as requested by the Sales Supervisor.
- Attend mandatory store functions conducted by the Sales Manager
- Utilize store manuals and information to gain additional knowledge.
3. Maintain Sales Floor Presentation:
- Assist in compliance of merchandise presentation standards.
- Assist in sales floor & stockroom maintenance.
- Assist in stock replenishment.
- Assist in maintaining cleanliness of store.
- Ensure consistent compliance with all policies and procedures as outlined in store manual.
- Ensure compliance with all store security policies and procedures outlined in company manuals.
- Other duties as assigned.
High School or equivalent. Knowledge of Asia preferred. Prior retail experience.
Weekdays, nights and weekends. Thanksgiving Friday, Christmas Eve, New Years Eve and Easter availability required. Schedule: 12-18 hours per week.
Retail experience, customer service, customer focus, professionalism, verbal communication, teamwork, energy level, productivity, dependability, flexibility, handles pressure, basic math skills, attention to detail. computer P.O.S. systems literate, basic safety and security. Telephone skills, people skills, self- confidence, multi-tasking, motivation for sales, selling to customer needs.
See Idealist.org for full details and to apply.