Via JETWit jobs mailing list.
Institution: Japan Information Center, Consulate General of Japan at Chicago
Position Available: Technology and Information Coordinator
Location: Chicago, IL
Posted Dec. 24, 2012
Deadline: Jan. 18, 2013
Education: not listed
Under the direct supervision of the Chief of Japan Information Center
1) Edit and manage all content on the Consulate’s English website
2) Write, edit, and publish a monthly e-mail newsletter detailing Japan-related
events in the Consulate’s 10-state jurisdiction
3) Coordinate the Consulate’s social media presence on Facebook and Twitter
4) Assist organizing cultural events and Japan-related presentations to local
5) Draft speeches/remarks for Consul General and other staff
6) General office responsibilities, including assisting for conferences/receptions
and supporting other staff members as need arises
1) US citizen or permanent residency holder (working permit holder)
2) Majoring in information processing or related area will be highly desirable.
3) Excellent communications and writing skills
4) Strong computer skills (database knowledge is preferred)
Languages: English and Japanese is the working language in Japan Information Center.
Fluency in oral and written English is required. Good working knowledge of
Japanese is preferable.
Please submit a cover letter and resume by January 18, 2013 to:
Consulate General of Japan
Japan Information Center
Attn: Mr. Yasuhiko Kamada
737 N. Michigan Avenue, Suite 1000
Chicago, IL 60611
(Note) If necessary, in-person interviews would be held for the shortlisted applicants in
late January at the Consulate. If you have any inquiry, please send an e-mail to
jicsaiyo @ gmail . com. We won’t accept any inquiry via phone call.
Original posting on the Consulate General of Japan in Chicago (opens as pdf).