– All applicants must have the legal right to work in the UK in accordance with the actual Immigration Act.
› Arranging meetings for diplomats as well as various delegations from Japan.
› Preparing daily newspaper briefings on economic affairs, general administrative duties such as handling correspondence, maintaining contact databases and communicating and coordinating with other sections.
› Undertaking ad hoc research as directed diplomats on matters of economic importance.
› Assisting with organizing functions such as seminars in and outside of the Embassy.
› Attending occasional external meetings and lectures; taking notes and producing reports.
› Taking external enquiries about on issues that the Economic Section is responsible for.
– The applicant should be educated to a degree level, have a solid grasp of economics, current affairs and other related fields. Should be able to demonstrate an excellent command of the English language, both spoken and written. Good IT skills including Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel are also required. Knowledge of and experience in Japan and Japanese language can be advantageous but not essential.
– Working hours: Monday to Friday, 09:30-18:00 (Lunch hour : 12:45 – 13:45) with an opportunity for overtime work.
– Commencing: Mid-November 2012 (provisional)
– Salary according to qualification and experience. (20K – 28K)
– Interested candidates should submit a CV and covering letter explaining how you are able to meet the requirements for this position. We will also require details of your current salary and daytime telephone number.
– Send your application to the address below by 19th October 2012.
Full details and application information on the Embassy website.