Institution: Cultural Vistas
Location: Columbia, Maryland
Start date: October 1, 2012
Education requirements: 4-year degree
Languages needed: Korean or Japanese
Level of language proficiency: Advanced proficiency with Japanese or Korean (spoken and written) preferred but not required.
Employment type: contract (temp, no benefits)
– Contract Position –
Cultural Vistas is seeking a Program Specialist (contract position) in its Columbia, Md. office to support in the administration of its Exchange Visitor Programs. More specifically, this individual will assist our staff in the daily operations and provide administrative support to our Korea WEST (South Korea) and Kizuna (Japan) programs.
Skills & Abilities Required:
- Assist in providing guidance, advice and support to Korea WEST and Kizuna participants.
- Assist in the coordination of placing students in internships
- Organize materials for orientations, meetings, language schools as well as visa documents
- Daily responses to Korea WEST and Kizuna participants via emails and phone calls.
- Assist the application process from data entry to completion of program.
- Assist the Program Manager with Facebook updates, marketing materials and forms in relation to the Korea WEST and Kizuna programs
- Assist the Program Manager and the Placement team with internships placements, practice interviews with the participants and update placement status on daily basis.
- Knowledgeable with social media
- Be available to conduct site visits of U.S. host companies
This position is contracted for 6-8 month (35 hours per week) with no benefits.
See original posting at idealist.org for details.