Company: InsideJapan Tours
Job Description: Japan Specialist Travel Consultant
Location: Bristol, UK
Closing Date for applications: Friday 28th September 2012
Start Date: November 2012 / ASAP
Do you have a passion for Japan? then this could be the perfect job for you!
This is a sales-related position based in our UK office in Bristol. You will be using your excellent knowledge of Japan to produce high quality tailor-made itineraries for our clients as well as selling our Group Tour products. You will be responsible for ensuring our customers have the best possible Japan holiday experience. You must be enthusiastic about traveling to Japan and have extensive knowledge of the country and culture. Sales experience within the travel industry is a definite advantage. There may be opportunities to travel to Japan for research.
Your principal duties will be:
- Designing, creating and selling tailored holidays and tours of Japan
- Responding to customer enquiries by e-mail and telephone
- Working to achieve specific sales targets, both individually and as a team
- Selling to both direct customers and travel agents
- Researching, developing and improving our huge range of products and services
- Preparing and sending out travel documents and tickets
- Promoting our products and services, both to direct customers and travel agents
- General office duties and other duties as may arise from time to time
You will need to demonstrate:
- Experience of living and working in Japan (or significant time spent in Japan)
- A passion for Japan as a travel destination
- A talent and enthusiasm for service-based sales
- Basic Japanese language skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good time-management and organisational skills
- Core IT skills; proficiency in Microsoft Word & Excel
- Right to work in the UK (visa sponsorship is not available)
The following skills/experience will be advantageous:
- Previous experience of working as a travel consultant
- Extensive travel experience in Japan
- Other sales experience
- Intermediate/advanced Japanese language skills
- Intermediate/advanced IT skills
Training will be provided.
For more information and to apply, see original posting on InsideJapan Tours.