The University of Kansas is looking for an Assistant Director in the International Student & Scholar Services Department.
Application Deadline: February 22,2012
Application Review Date: February 23, 2012
The Assistant Director is a key member of the ISSS staff, serving as a Designated School Official for the F-1 student program and as an Alternate Responsible Officer for the J-1 exchange visitor program. This position reports directly to the Associate Director for Advising Services and is responsible for providing counseling and advising support to international students, with particular regard to immigration-related matters. In addition to advising responsibilities, the Assistant Director develops and implements or assists in the development and implementation of a variety of programs and services coordinated through the ISSS office. The Assistant Director trains and supervises front desk and academic support staff in the carrying out of their information dissemination and student support functions.
1) Bachelor’s degree plus 1 year of work experience in a college or university setting.
2) At least 6 months experience in planning, organizing and implementing workshops, seminars and/or programs.
3) Excellent written communication skills in English as evidenced by the application materials.
4) U.S. citizenship or permanent residence status (to comply with Department of State and Department of Homeland Security requirements in order to sign immigration documents.)
1) Master’s degree.
2) Degree emphasis in International Education, Educational Administration, counseling, English as a Second Language, foreign languages and cultures or other related fields.
3) Experience in student counseling and advisement.
4) Experience working with international students and/or living, studying and working abroad.
5) Sensitivity to the needs and concerns of students from abroad.
6) Experience with international student orientation programs and/or comparable experience
7) At least three years of programming or related experience in general college or university-level student personnel service.
8) Proficiency in a foreign language.
9) Knowledge of and experience working with F-1 and/or J-1 regulations as applied in the college or university setting.
10) Experience working with SEVIS processes.
11) Working knowledge of word processing, data base, spreadsheet and email programs.
12) Excellent oral communications skills in English.
Salary Range: $36,000 annually + benefits
Contact Information For Applicants:
Apply online, answer all questions on application form and attach (upload) cover letter, resume and contact information for three (3) references.
Link: https://jobs.ku.edu and search for position 00066578.
The University of Kansas is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.