Institution: Middlebury College
Application Due: Open Until Filled
Type: Full Time
Department: Language Schools at Mills
Location: Oakland, CA
Position located at Mills College, Oakland, CA.
This is a full-time temporary 8-month non-benefited position.
Mills College is hosting the Middlebury College Arabic, French, Japanese and Spanish Language Schools at their Oakland, CA campus. This is a Middlebury College position and is based year-round in Oakland, CA and provide administrative support to Middlebury at Mills Schools by serving as liaison between the Mills administration, faculty, staff, and bilingual assistants.
The Administrative Assistant assists with all aspects of the Language Schools (LS) from initial setup to departure at the completion of each session and is the principle contact for summer bilingual assistants.
- Assists with Middlebury at Mills summer program set up with focus on physical transformation of the campus in preparation for Language programs, then clean up & storage at the close of session.
- Coordinates furniture moves for school dorm offices, working with Mills housing, facilities and contracted moving company.
- Organizes kitchen trunks and coordinates delivery, inventories, and storage.
- Tracks all LS materials’ physical locations on campus, i.e. whiteboards, trunks, vacuums, etc.
- Coordinates games and game-table delivery to commuter lounge.
- Sets up Language School signs around the campus.
- Assists with walk-throughs of dorms, offices and classrooms, assuring that furniture & equipment is properly set up and in working condition.
- Communicates with Schools on storage, transportation and other needs throughout the summer.
- Coordinates golf cart delivery and distribution.
- Assists with Arrival Center set up, execution & breakdown.
- Updates Arrival documents & assembles Arrival Packets.
- Coordinates with Student Financial Services on distributing tuition bills on Arrival Day.
- Serves as point person for School Bilinguals, assisting with daily tasks.
- Organizes soccer, athletic equipment and coordinates soccer referees.
- Coordinates summer mail distribution to Schools.
- Works with Middlebury at Mills staff and Mills administration to find solutions to daily logistical and operational challenges of summer program.
- Assists with Middlebury at Mills clerical duties.
- Keeps Schools informed of deadlines, arrival and departure procedures.
- Processes classroom and event requests, including audio/visual needs.
- Assists with petty cash documentation and organization.
- Prepares & distributes School contact information.
Education & Training
Associates degree, BA degree or higher
2-5 years in an academic or professional setting
Proficiency in a foreign language being taught at Middlebury at Mills summer program preferred (Arabic, French, Japanese, and Spanish).
Maturity and ability to handle problems with tact, discretion, and confidentiality.
Ability to work well under pressure.
Must have ability to take initiative and work independently.
Strong organizational, interpersonal and facilitation skills.
Ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations.
Respect for, and ability to relate to, people from other cultures.
To apply, please visit: https://middlebury.iGreentree.com/CSS_MIDD_External/CSSPage_Referre d.ASP?Req=MD11-686