Originally posted at HigherEdJobs.com.
Institution: Colorado Heights University
Location: Denver, CO
Application Due: Open Until Filled (preference for applications received prior to 5 Aug.)
Type: Full Time
Salary: $33,000 to $36,000 USD Per Year
Colorado Heights University is a private, non-profit international university specializing in educating international and local students seeking to be productive global citizens. CHU is distinguished by its small size, international student population and nationally accredited curriculum.
CHU seeks an enthusiastic and experienced individual with a cooperative work style to serve as the Student Activities and Event Coordinator.
The Student Activities and Event Coordinator is a vital member of the Student Services team responsible for developing the Student Activities program into an area of excellence on campus. The primary purpose of this position is to provide leadership and advisement to the Student Government Association, and to develop a program of activities for our on-campus student population as well as visiting international students. This position creates student activities and events that encourage student learning and thinking, result in community building and enhances the overall university experience for the students.
Requirements for Candidates:
* Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university is required
* Master’s degree preferred with focus in education, school administration or related field.
* Two years of related experience working in student activities and/or events coordination at an institution of higher education.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Bi-lingual skills preferred with extra preference given to candidates who are fluent Japanese speakers
* Strong interpersonal skills within all levels of the organization.
* Strong computer skills
* Ability to develop and foster good working relationships and a sense of community with a broad range of students and staff in a culturally diverse environment.
* Excellent team building and conflict resolution skills.
* Ability to take initiative and work independently and as part of a team.
Salary: $33k to $36k DOE
Closing Date: This position will be open until filled, but special consideration will be granted to those applicants who respond no later than August 5, 2011
How to Apply: Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Place the title of Student Activities Coordinator in the subject heading to be considered for this job.
This position is open to candidates local to the Denver, Colorado area only. No relocation fees will be paid.