Tokyo Gakugei University (TGU) is looking for a full-time Associate Professor or Lecturer in International Exchange.
Responsibilities and duties include:
(1) Planning and Management of International Academic and Educational Exchange, and Raising Competitive Funds
(2) Research on Quality Assurance in University-based Teacher Education in East Asia
(3) Coordinating Exchange with Partner Universities
Qualifications and Experience:
(1) M.A. or equivalent research achievements
(2) Experience of engaging in international service at one or more educational institution
(3) Ability to conduct duties and communicate in Japanese and English (A good command of Chinese or Korean would be advantage.)
To apply, applicants must submit:
(1) A full resume/CV (academic background starting from high school), with a photo, plus contact address, phone number and e-mail address (A4 sheet)
(2) A proof of the final stage of education
(3) A complete list of previous research and educational achievements (Free-form):
ⅰ Books published
ⅱ Articles and research papers published*
ⅲ Other research and educational achievements
*All peer-reviewed/refereed articles and papers must be so identified.
(4) Copies (one each) of three major publications (Offprints and duplicates are acceptable.)
(5) A complete list of previous achievements in the field of international exchange (starting from the oldest one)
(6) Essay on applicant’s ambition for international exchange at university (A4 paper,
approx. 2,000 characters in Japanese.)
Applications must be received by February 10 , 2011.
Position Appointment Date: April 1, 2011.
Submit materials to:*International Planning Unit, International Division, Tokyo Gakugei University 4-1-1 Nukuikita-machi, Koganei City, Tokyo 184-8501, Japan * In red ink, print “Faculty Position Application” on the envelope. The envelope must be sent by registered mail.
TGU is an Equal Opportunity Employer. TGU is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in employment without discrimination,including that based on nationality and/or disability, and also in compliance with the Basic Law for a Gender-equal Society of 1999.
For a complete description of the application/selection process see TGU`s website: