Temple University, Japan Campus (TUJ) is able to sponsor a visa for this position.
Overview of Position
TUJ is seeking a staff who will be mainly responsible for public affairs of the university including raising name awareness and improving the brand image of Temple University, Japan Campus (TUJ) and Temple University (TU) among the general public in Japan through non-paid publicity and maintaining relations with various media outlets.
- Developing newsworthy topics about TUJ/TU and disseminating the results through published articles and other effective channels, including press release, website, official blog, and social media.
- Organizing press conferences for significant institutional announcements.
- Keeping abreast of industry trends and inviting selected media for interviews with the Dean and other key staff as appropriate.
- Seeking opportunities to get opinion pieces written by the Dean or other key staff/faculty published in appropriate media.
- Planning and organizing press seminars on timely topics as a relationship-building opportunity.
- Supporting the webmaster by providing news and information.
- Handling all incoming inquiries from the media, including interviews, article contributions, faculty introductions, and location hunting for TV programs.
- Arranging, attending and following up all interviews (except for faculty interviews on non-TUJ related topics).
- Maintaining TUJ’s own media list.
- Clipping and compiling TUJ-related articles.
- Monitoring education-related articles and writing a monthly summary.
- Handling crisis communication in consultation with TUJ/TU management.
- Handling other tasks assigned by the Manager of Communications and Marketing Support.
Qualifications & experience
- Minimum 3 years of working experience in a public relations and/or marketing position
- Working knowledge of the Japanese and international media
- Strong interest in education, especially international, liberal arts higher education
- Solid writing and editing skills in Japanese and English
- Experience with social media marketing is preferable
- Experience of studying at a US college is a plus
- English and Japanese proficiency in writing, reading, and speaking
- Ability to think creatively and to take the initiative in pursuing set goals
- Superb communication skills (need to build good relationships internally and externally, e.g. with media, and other departments within TUJ and the main campus in Philadelphia)
Full details on TUJ’s website.